César Príncipe, 'César Príncipe'
César Príncipe is the cellar’s flagship wine. The property has vines over 80 years old, and in some parts they actually surpass the 100 year mark.
The Tempranillo fruit that is used to make the César Príncipe is hand-harvested in October, and undergoes a pre-fermentation cold maceration for three days before three weeks of fermentation in 30% new oak barrels and 70% stainless steel tanks. The wine is then aged for 14 months in 225 liter oak barrels (crianza), 90% of which is French, the remaining 10% American.
Learn more about César Príncipe here.
D.O. Cigales, Fuensaldaña, Valladolid, Castilla y León