Alemany i Corrio, 'Principia Mathematica'
"The origin of this wine lies on the slopes of the Ordal mountains, proceeding from some of our old Xarel·lo vines. This wine is barrel-aged, structured, honest, and fresh, with a pronounced sensitivity."
-Irene Alemany and Laurent Corrió, owners and winemakers, Alemany i Corrió
The idea for the Principia Mathematica was to craft a high quality white wine that was simultaneously accessible. Their first vintage of this 100% Xarel·lo was in 2011. 80% of the PM is fermented in small oak barrels, while the remaining 20% ferments in stainless steel tanks. The wine undergoes full malolactic fermentation and ages in small barrels.
The inspiration for both the name and label of the Principia Mathematica Xarel·lo is owed to music artist (and mathematics professor) Àlex Torío. Irene and Laurent happened to see his album art, and were able to connect with him through a mutual friend. You can listen to Àlex's album, Principia Mathematica, here.
Learn more about Alemany i Corrió here.
'Vi de garatge', Garage Wine, Vilafranca del Penedès, Barcelona